ACE 2023 - PROSPECTUS
2023 Annual Artists Council Exhibition & Sale
February 16 – March 19, 2023
Artists Center at the Galen
72-567 Highway 111, Palm Desert, California
You are invited to submit to the 2023 Artists Council Exhibition & Sale (the ACE) at the
Artists Center at the Galen in Palm Desert, California. This is a juried exhibition, and
monetary prizes will be awarded.
Submissions were due by Friday, January 13, 2023, at 4:00 pm PST. Submissions are now closed. Artists will be notified of acceptance by Monday, January 30th.
Works for the exhibition and awards will be selected by two outstanding jurors:
Marcia Reed, retired Chief Curator and Associate Director, Getty Research
Wendy Posner, owner of Posner Fine Art and contemporary fine art advisor for
private collectors and corporate clients
Click HERE to see juror resumes.
1. Entry fee: $45 for the first artwork image, $35 for the second artwork image. Only one
artwork per artist will be selected for the exhibition. No fees will be refunded after
2. Submission Deadline: Friday, January 13, 4:00 PST. Artists will be notified of acceptance by
Monday, January 30.
3. Who May Apply: Only current members of the Artists Council may apply. (To join or renew
your membership, go to https://www.artistscouncil.com/join).
TO SUBMIT to the 2023 Artists Council Exhibition, PLEASE READ THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW, FIRST, THEN PROCEED to click HERE.
For helpful guidelines for submitting images of your work, click HERE.
1. All artworks are for sale, at a price not less than $500 and not more than $10,000. Proceeds
from the sale will be split 50-50 between the artist and the Artists Council.
2. A description of the work will be required for each piece you submit. Describe your artwork
carefully. Once a work is submitted, NO CHANGES CAN BE MADE.
3. Artwork may be 2- or 3-dimensional.
2-Dimensional Work –
- Maximum framed size 72” high and 48” wide.
- Artwork on paper must be protected by glass or Plexiglass.
- Artwork on canvas or other materials must be finished on the edges.
- Artwork must be ready for installation, securely wired for hanging. No saw-tooth hangers, ceiling mounts, or moving parts may be used.
3-Dimensional Work –
- Cannot exceed 50 pounds. Maximum size 72” high by 48” wide by 48” deep.
- Artists are responsible for transporting their work into the building and for determining that it will fit through the gallery door.
- Artwork must be ready for installation with mounting hardware to ensure it
is secure and stable. We will honor as far as practical an artist’s wish for the
work to be displayed from all sides in the exhibition.
- When submitting 3D work, you will have the option of uploading two images of a single artwork.
Describe your artwork carefully in the entry form. Once a work is submitted, NO CHANGES CAN BE MADE.
4. Not allowed:
- Video works
- Ceiling-hung pieces
- Electrified or moving parts.
5. Artwork must be verifiably original in concept, design, and execution and submitted by
the artist/maker; created independently (i.e., not under direct supervision of an instructor);
not commercially manufactured or reproduced or incorporating any item that uses
commercially available molds or patterns; not previously exhibited at any Artists Council
exhibition. We do not accept AI-generated works for Artists Council Exhibitions.
7. Artwork must remain at the Artists Center gallery during the entire exhibition, Thursday,
February 16, through Sunday, March 19, 2023. Once accepted into the exhibition, artwork
may not be withdrawn or substituted.
8. Accepted artwork must be reserved by the artist and not physically shown elsewhere; price
for artwork shown by the artist on-line must match the exhibition sale price.
9. Artists accepted to the show will be responsible for one 3-hour volunteer Artist Host shift
at the gallery during the run of the exhibition.
10. All selections are final. Selections for the Artists Council Exhibition are final and at the
- Friday, January 13, 4:00 pm, PST - Submissions due
- Monday, January 30 - Artist notification
- Tuesday, February 14, 9-11 am - Art drop off
- Thursday, February 16 - Exhibit opens
- Friday, February 17, 5-7 pm - Opening Fundraiser Reception
- Sunday, March 19 - Exhibit closes
- Sunday, March 19, 2-4 pm - Art pickup
ART DROP OFF AND PICK UP
1. Drop off accepted art: Tuesday, February 14, 9 –11 am, at the Artists Center, 72567 Highway
111, Palm Desert, CA 92260. Artwork must be delivered by the artist or his/her agent (you
may ask a friend or family member). Artwork shipped to the Artists Center will not be
accepted. The Artists Center cannot provide special handling for artwork.
2. Sold and unsold art must be picked up at the Artists Center on Sunday, March 19, 2023, 2-4
pm, by the buyer or the artist or his/her agent.
By submitting artwork to the Artists Council Exhibition and Sale, the individual artist
acknowledges and agrees that he/she:
- Has read and agrees to all conditions of entry.
- Releases the rights for use of images of his/her artwork in any Artists Council or Artists
Center promotional and marketing materials.
- Is responsible for insurance for his/her artwork. Neither the Artists Council nor its officers,
directors, staff, or volunteers, nor anyone connected with the Artists Council, the Artists
Center, or this exhibition will be responsible for theft of, loss of, or damage to artwork,
TECHNICAL HELP FOR ARTISTS
For any artists who feel they may have difficulty in submitting on their computer, the Artists
Council is scheduling two in-person help sessions at the Artists Center during the application
period. You may bring your laptop computer, tablet, or phone to this session, along with your
artwork images loaded on that device, and we will help you complete the entry process.
ACE 2023 Entry Support Workshops will be held:
- Saturday, January 7, 10-11 am
- Sunday, January 8, 2-3 pm
If you have any concerns about your ability to complete the online entry form, we encourage
you to enter at least 7 days prior to the deadline, to allow time for you to get technical help.
We cannot extend the deadline for anyone who waits until the last days to enter and then
runs into technical problems.
If you have membership or exhibition questions, please contact the Artists Council at