Second Annual Holiday Squares
Holiday Squares is an annual online fundraising exhibition and sale to support the Artists
Council and its new home, the Artists Center at the Galen. Holiday Squares, now in its second year, is also an opportunity for you to have fun and bring your work to new audiences eager to buy original, affordable art as holiday gifts or for themselves.
You can contribute to the future of the new Artists Center by submitting your original
small works – 8”x 8”, as many as you like – to our Second Annual Holiday Squares. At $100 each, the art is priced to sell.
The exhibition will be presented on the Artists Council website in a virtual flat gallery and
will run for four days only from 9 am on December 8 to 6 pm on December 11. Prospective buyers will be able to preview the works online on December 6 - 7, before the sale opens at 9 am on December 8.
[Please note that this is a fundraiser. When your work sells, the $100 purchase price
will go to support the Artists Council and the new Artists Center, which opens on
October 15, 2021, with a full schedule of exhibitions, classes, workshops, a Young
Artists Exhibition, and more. Sold works may be considered a donation to the
Artists Council for tax purposes.]
Show and Sale Details
1. Artworks must be painted or mounted on 8”x 8” canvasses, cradles, or boards. No
frames. Sides must be finished. Presentation must be of professional quality and
works ready for sale.
2. Works on paper do not need to be under glass. They may be presented either as
unframed 8”x 8” pieces or mounted on 8”x 8” canvas, cradle, or board.
3. 3D works may be submitted. They must be 8”x 8” and no more than 4” in depth.
Please note that only one image per work may be submitted (i.e., no multiple views).
4. All works will be priced at $100.
5. Artists will provide their own canvas, cradle, board, etc.
6. You must be an Artists Council member to submit. You can join by going to the AC
website at artistscouncil.com.
7. All proceeds from sales will go to the Artists Council to support exhibitions
and programs at the Artists Center at the Galen. Sold works may be considered a
donation to the Artists Council for tax purposes.
1. Submission deadline is midnight, Sunday, November 14.
2. There is no submission fee.
3. You may submit as many pieces as you wish.
Please submit your entry online by clicking on the link below. Follow the
instructions to input the pertinent information and upload the image of your
Here is the link for submitting artwork to the Second Annual Holiday Squares. Click here.
If you are submitting more than one artwork, you will need to complete the first
submission, then click on the link again to submit your other pieces in
Since the images of your art are the content of this virtual show and sale, you will need
to provide a high-resolution photo in JPEG format. Helpful image guidelines are posted
on the Artists Council’s website at this link.
Photograph your work straight on with no glare or background.
Crop your image tightly; have the image of your work fill the space.
Please describe your artwork carefully in the entry form.
Once a work is submitted, no changes can be made.
Sales and Delivery
1. Taxes and shipping costs will be the responsibility of the buyer and will be paid by
the buyer at the time of purchase on the AC website.
2. If your work is sold, we will contact you, asking you to bring it to the Artists Center in
Palm Desert between 10 am and 4 pm on Wednesday/Thursday, December 15/16.
If the buyer lives out of town, the AC will ship the work on your behalf to the buyer
(using a USPS flat rate large box). If the buyer is local, the buyer may pick up the
work at the Artists Center on Friday/Saturday, December 17/18, when the building is
open from 10 am to 4 pm.
3. If you and the buyer agree, you will also have an option to deliver your work
personally to the buyer, at no charge to the buyer.
4. If you are living away from the Coachella Valley and your work is sold, we will
contact you by email about shipping your work directly to the buyer. We will
reimburse you for USPS shipping (using a USPS flat rate large box).
If you have questions, please contact Annie Reutinger at firstname.lastname@example.org