2021 Summer Exhibition and Sale
Outside it’s hot, the sun is blazing. Come on into our virtual world, where the mood is mellow and the art is cool. Join us for Hot Times - Cool Art, the Artists Council 2021 Summer Exhibition and Sale – celebrating the outstanding, diverse talents of AC members.
Each Artists Council member may enter one artwork to this non-juried, virtual exhibition, which will be shown on the AC website artistscouncil.com from Monday, June 14, through Sunday, August 1, 2021.
As an added benefit – once the exhibition is over, if you wish, your artwork will be posted to the online Artists Council Member Gallery, where it will be shown for sale for a full year at no additional charge. If you already have a work in the Member Gallery, your Hot Times – Cool Art entry will be added as a second piece.
Entrance Requirements and Critical Dates
1. To enter Hot Times - Cool Art, submit one artwork by midnight Sunday, May 16, 2021.
2. Only current members of the Artists Council may participate in the exhibition. To join, go to artistscouncil.com
3. There is a $15 entry/administrative fee, which helps defray the costs of maintaining the submission system and hosting the online exhibition.
4. After the show closes on August 1, if you wish, your artwork will be moved to the Artists Council Member Gallery at no additional charge. If you already have a work in the Member Gallery, your Hot Times - Cool Art entry will be added as a second piece. Artwork will remain posted for sale in the Member Gallery for one year. For more information about the Member Gallery, go to artistscouncil.com
5. All artwork must be available for sale, at a price of not less than $300. 70% of the sale price will go to the artist; 30% will go to the Artists Council to support programs and operations.
6. Artwork is limited to 2- and 3-dimensional work. No video work can be accepted at this time.
7. Since the images of your art are the content of this virtual show, you will need to provide a high-resolution photo in JPEG format:
Photograph your work straight on with no glare or background
Crop your image tightly; have the image of your work fill the space
If your work is framed, do not include the frame in the image of your work
Please describe your artwork carefully in the entry form. Once a work is submitted, no changes can be made. For additional guidelines on how to format and size your images, go to:
8. Although this is a virtual exhibition, artwork must be ready for installation in buyers’ homes or other sites:
Artwork on paper must be protected by glass or Plexiglass.
Artwork on canvas or other materials must be finished on the edges.
Two-dimensional artwork must be wired for hanging. No saw-tooth hangers or ceiling mounts.
Three-dimensional artwork must be ready for display.
9. Artwork must be submitted by the artist/maker. Artwork must be original in concept, design, and execution. Artwork cannot have been created under the direct supervision of an instructor.
10. Artwork must not be commercially manufactured or reproduced or incorporate any item that employs the use of commercially available molds or patterns.
11. Artwork will remain online during the entirety of the exhibition, Monday, June 15, through Sunday, August 1, 2021. Artwork sold by the artist after submission will be withdrawn from the show. Artists may not replace withdrawn artwork with another piece.
12. Sales tax will be added to the sale price and paid by the buyer. If your work is sold, we will contact you about options for delivering artwork to the buyer:
If you and the buyer live locally, we will notify you where you can drop off your work for pickup by the buyer, at no charge to the buyer.
If you and the buyer agree, you will also have an option to deliver your work personally to the buyer, at no charge to the buyer.
If you and/or the buyer do not live locally, you will need to ship your work to the buyer. The buyer will be responsible for any shipping and associated expenses for artwork they purchase. In this case, we will ask the buyer to send you a check to cover the shipping, after which you will ship the work. We suggest that you purchase insurance when shipping your work.
Artwork provided at delivery must match the photo image submitted.
13. All work will be reviewed by the Artists Council for appropriate content and adherence to the requirements as outlined in the prospectus.
By submitting artwork to the Artists Council 2021 Summer Exhibition and Sale, the individual artist acknowledges and agrees that he/she:
Has read and agrees to all conditions of entry.
Releases the rights for use of images of his/her artwork in any Artists Council promotional and marketing materials.
Is responsible for insurance for his/her artwork. Neither the Artists Council nor its officers, directors, staff, or volunteers, nor anyone connected with the Artists Council or this exhibition will be responsible for theft of, loss of, or damage to artwork, however caused.
A completed W-9 form will be required for artwork sold during the show.
For further information or questions, please contact the Artists Council at email@example.com