Artists Council Fall 2022 Exhibition and Sale
October 20 – November 20, 2022
Artists Center at the Galen
72-567 Highway 111, Palm Desert, California
¡Community! The world teems with examples: think flock, herd, pod, forest, or a gaggle of geese, an exaltation of larks, a murder of crows. We humans also seek community, in families, neighborhoods, schools, towns, or in spirit with those across the nation or around the world. Community is where we support each other, learn, work, play, grieve, and celebrate together. Whether your interpretation is abstract or figurative; whether you work in sculpture, paint, or other mediums, the Artists Council invites you to submit to its Fall 2022 show ¡Community! at the Artists Center in Palm Desert, California -- known as one of Southern California’s most beautiful art venues.
This is a juried exhibition; three monetary prizes of $300 will be awarded. Submissions are due September 18, 10:59 pm PST. You must be a member of the Artists Council to apply (join at: https://www.artistscouncil.com/join).
Works for the exhibition and awards will be selected by two outstanding jurors:
Consuelo Montoya -- Assistant Vice President of Adult Education and Public Programs at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art
Nicolas Orozco-Valdivia -- Curator-at-Large at The Mistake Room, and Curatorial
Assistant at the Benton Museum of Art at Pomona College
Click here to see juror resumes.
Submit your entry through CaFE, an on-line call management system.
1. Entry fee: $35 for the first artwork image, $25 for the second artwork image. Only one artwork per artist will be selected for the exhibition. No fees will be refunded after submission.
2. Submission Deadline: Sunday, September 18, 10:59 pm PDT. Artists will be notified of acceptance by Sunday, October 9.
3. Who May Apply: Only current members of the Artists Council may apply. (To join or renew your membership, go to https://www.artistscouncil.com/join).
To access the call on CaFE, click here: https://artist.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=10559
*Note: Use this direct link if you already have a CaFE account. If you are new to CaFE, you will first need to create an account; see instructions at the end of this prospectus.
Click here for guidelines for submitting images of your work.
Works that do not meet the following requirements will be rejected on submission or intake.
1. You may submit up to two works. All artwork must be available for sale, at a price not less than $500 and not more than $10,000. Proceeds from the sale will be split 50-50 between the artist and the Artists Council.
2. Artwork may be 2- or 3-dimensional. We are not able to accept video works at this time.
● 2-Dimensional Work -- Maximum framed size 60” high and 48” wide. Minimum framed size is 16” x 12” (with the long side either horizontal or vertical).
● 3-Dimensional Work -- Cannot exceed 50 pounds. Maximum size 72” high by 48” wide by 48” deep. Minimum size 6” x 6” x 6”. No ceiling-hanging pieces or moving parts.
Describe your artwork carefully in the entry form. Once a work is submitted, NO changes can be made.
3. On the CaFE application you will be asked to provide a statement of 50 words or less describing how each submitted work reflects the theme ¡Community! The relevance of the work to the theme will be part of the judging criteria.
4. Artwork must be ready for hanging or installation:
● Artwork on paper must be protected by glass or Plexiglass.
● Artwork on canvas or other materials must be finished on the edges.
● Two-dimensional artwork must be securely wired for hanging. No saw-tooth hangers or ceiling mounts.
● Three-dimensional artwork must be ready for display.
5. Artwork must be verifiably original in concept, design, and execution and submitted by the artist/maker; created independently (i.e., not under direct supervision of an instructor); not commercially manufactured or reproduced or incorporating any item that uses commercially available molds or patterns; not previously exhibited at any Artists Council exhibition.
6. Artwork must remain at the Artists Center gallery during the entire exhibition, Thursday, October 20 through Sunday, November 20, 2022. Once accepted into the exhibition, artwork may not be withdrawn. Accepted artwork must be reserved by the artist and not physically shown elsewhere; price for artwork shown on-line must match the ¡Community!exhibition sale price.
7. Artists accepted to the show will be responsible for one 3-hour shift at the gallery during the run of the exhibition.
8. Selections for the Artists Council Exhibition are final and at the jurors’ discretion.
ART DROP OFF AND PICK UP
1. Drop off accepted art: Tuesday, October 18, 9 am – 11 am, at the Artists Center, 72567 Highway 111, Palm Desert, CA 92260. Artwork must be delivered by the artist or his/her agent (you may ask a friend or family member). Artwork shipped to the Artists Center will not be accepted. The Artists Center cannot provide special handling for artwork.
2. Sold and unsold art must be picked up at the Artists Center on Sunday, November 20, 2022, 2 pm - 4 pm, by the buyer or the artist or his/her agent.
● Submissions due – Sunday, September 18, by 10:59 pm PDT
● Artist notification of acceptance – Sunday, October 9
● Art Drop off – Tuesday, October 18, 9 – 11 am
● Opening – Thursday, October 20
● Opening reception – Friday, October 21, 5- 7 pm
● Closing – Sunday, November 20
● Art pickup – Sunday, November 20, 2022, 2 - 4 pm
By submitting artwork to the Artists Council Exhibition and Sale, the individual artist
acknowledges and agrees that he/she:
● Has read and agrees to all conditions of entry.
● Releases the rights for use of images of his/her artwork in any Artists Council or Artists Center promotional and marketing materials.
● Is responsible for insurance for his/her artwork. Neither the Artists Council nor its
officers, directors, staff, or volunteers, nor anyone connected with the Artists Council,
the Artists Center, or this exhibition will be responsible for theft of, loss of, or damage
to artwork, however caused.
If you need help submitting, please contact the CaFE help team: 303-629-1166 (Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm MT)
Click here for guidelines for submitting images of your work.
If you have membership or exhibition questions, please contact the Artists Council at
Submission Instructions for new CaFE users (i.e., if you need to create an account with CaFE).
1. Go to callforentry.org
2. Click on Artist Sign Up
3. Create an account
4. Log in
5. Click on “My Portfolio”
6. Upload images and your artist statement
7. Return to this prospectus; click on the link below to access the call: https://artist.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=10559