“EARTH” Artists Council Exhibition & Sale
October 11 – November 12, 2023
Artists Center at the Galen
72-567 Highway 111, Palm Desert, California
You are invited to submit your works on the theme of “EARTH” to the Artists Council Exhibition & Sale at the Artists Center in Palm Desert, California. This is a juried exhibition, and award winners will be honored.
Submissions are due by Wednesday, September 6, 4:00 pm PDT.
NOTE: Submissions to the EARTH Exhibition & Sale are now CLOSED.
Works for the exhibition and awards will be selected by two outstanding jurors:
Click HERE to see the juror bios.
1. Entry fee: $45 for the first artwork image, $45 for a second (optional) artwork image. Only one artwork per artist will be selected for the exhibition. No fees will be refunded after submission.
2. Submission Deadline: Wednesday, September 6, 4:00 pm PDT. Artists will be notified of acceptance by Tuesday, September 26.
3. Who May Apply: Only current members of the Artists Council may apply.
Submissions to the EARTH Exhibition & Sale are now CLOSED.
1. All artworks are for sale, at a price not less than $500 and not more than $10,000. Proceeds from the sale will be split 50-50 between the artist and the Artists Council.
2. On the entry form you will be asked to describe how your work addresses the “EARTH” theme.
3. Artwork may be 2- or 3-dimensional.
2-Dimensional Work –
o Maximum framed size 72” high and 48” wide.
o Artwork on paper must be framed and under protective glass or plexiglass.
o Artwork on canvas or other materials must be finished on the edges.
o Artwork must be ready for installation and securely wired for hanging
(mounting cleats or blocks are acceptable for photos printed on aluminum).
No saw-tooth hangers, ceiling mounts, or moving parts may be used.
3-Dimensional Work –
o Cannot exceed 50 pounds. Maximum size 72” high by 36” wide by 36” deep; if your work is
larger, please contact us.
o Artists are responsible for transporting their work into the building and for determining that it will
fit through the gallery door.
o Artwork must be ready for installation with mounting hardware to ensure it is secure and stable.
We will honor as far as practical an artist’s wish for the work to be seen from all sides in the
o When submitting 3D work, you will have the option of uploading two images of a single artwork.
4. Not allowed:
Electrified or moving parts.
5. Artwork must be verifiably original in concept, design, and execution and submitted by the artist/maker; created independently (i.e., not under direct supervision of an instructor); not commercially manufactured or reproduced or incorporating any item that uses commercially available molds or patterns; not previously exhibited at any Artists Council exhibition.
6. Artwork must remain at the Artists Council gallery during the entire exhibition, Wednesday,
October 11, until Sunday, November 12, 2023. Once accepted into the exhibition, artwork may not be withdrawn or substituted.
7. Accepted artwork must be reserved by the artist for this exhibition and may not be physically shown elsewhere; price for artwork shown by the artist on-line must match the exhibition sale price.
8. Artists accepted to the show will be responsible for one 3-hour volunteer Artist Host shift at the gallery during the run of the exhibition.
9. All selections are final. Selections for the “EARTH” Artists Council Exhibition & Sale are final and at the jurors’ discretion. Placements in the exhibition are solely at the curator’s discretion.
10. After you complete your entry, you will receive an email confirmation that contains a link allowing you to change your entry. Changes are allowed until the deadline date above; after that no changes are allowed.
Wednesday, September 6, 4:00 pm PDT -- Submissions due
Tuesday, September 26 -- Artist notification
Monday, October 9, 9-11 am -- Art drop-off
Wednesday, October 11 -- Exhibition opens
Friday, October 13, 5-7 pm -- Opening reception
Sunday, November 12 -- Exhibition closes
Sunday, November 12, 2-4 pm -- Art pick-up
ART DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP
1. Drop off accepted art: Monday, October 9, 9-11 am, at the Artists Center, 72567 Highway 111, Palm Desert, California 92260. Artwork must be delivered by the artist or his/her agent (you may ask a friend or family member). Artwork shipped to the Artists Council will not be accepted. The Artists Council cannot provide special handling for artwork.
2. Sold and unsold art must be picked up at the Artists Center on Sunday, November 12,
2-4 pm, by the buyer or the artist or his/her agent.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting artwork to the “EARTH” Artists Council Exhibition & Sale, the artist agrees to the Artists Council’s terms and conditions. If you have any concerns about your ability to complete the online entry form, we encourage you to enter at least 7 days prior to the deadline, to allow time for you to get technical help. We cannot extend the deadline for anyone who waits until the last days to enter and then runs into technical problems.
If you have membership or exhibition questions, please contact the Artists Council at: